Friday, November 30, 2012

BRAZILIAN HEART
December 2012 / Since 1998

www.katiamoraes.com


WHAT'S NEW?
I was writing lyrics for a new song the other day when I got a call from engineer/producer Lynne Earls saying our song CABEÇA (Earls, Buratto, Moraes) is one of the finnalists of the USA Songwriting Contest 2012!
Have you seen Cabeça's video? Check it out. The song is part of my EP produced by Lynne that will be released on January 26, 2013. I'll also be exhibiting my drawings for the first time! YES! SIM! Here we go! One more adventure!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uQWPH_hzVH4

SHOWS:
Tuesday, December 4 at 9pm @ Blue Whale
Sambaguru - The Original Quartet
123 Astronaut E S Onisuka St. Suite 301
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Info: (213) 620-0908
Featuring Bill Brendle, Tony Shogren and Hussain Jiffry.
http://bluewhalemusic.com/
With my friend Tony Shogren many years ago at La Ve Lee - the old music hang in Studio City, CA


NEW YEAR'S EVE CELEBRATION (Brazilian Style!)
@ Queen Mary (Long Beach, CA)
More info: www.brazliannites.com




DAY OF THE SAMBA (December 2)

By Brazilian painter Di Cavalcanti (1897-1976)
In Los Angeles, The Day of the Samba will be celebrated on December 27 @ Zanzibar (Santa Monica) with Samba Society. I'll be there : )
http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Beto-Gonzalez-TH-12-27-AfroFunke-presents-SAMBA-SOCIETY

JOYFUL MOMENTS
My first bike made by CALOI. Actually it was my sister's bike! In the 1960's Caloi became very popular producing folding bicycles. The company was founded by an Italian immigrant in 1898 in São Paulo.

And here's my mental bike...

FOR YOU
"Quando a gente acha que tem todas as respostas, vem a vida e muda todas as perguntas."
(When we think we know all the answers, Life comes and changes all the questions)
By Brazilain writer Luís Fernando Veríssimo

Peace, Joy, Art & Wisdom!
Feliz Natal
Feliz Ano Novo

Kátia : )

By my beautiful cousin...she was a young girl when she painted it. This image always makes me smile : )

So far, I've mailed my cards to Florida, New Mexico, Maryland and many parts of California. Send me a message if you wanna get a set or if you have a sugestion of a place that would love to sell it. Thank you / Obrigada.



No comments: